Economic Impact Report
A 2016 economic impact report found that the Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District added more than $1 billion in additional income to the San Diego County economy. The district creates a significant positive impact on the business community and generates a return on investment to its major stakeholder groups – students, taxpayers, and society. Results of the analysis reflect Fiscal Year 2014-15, the most current available when the study was conducted.
The study by Emsi found that
- The economic impact of district spending for operations was $151.7 million, the equivalent of 2,391 jobs.
- The economic impact of student spending was $54.1 million, or 1,162 jobs.
- The economic impact of Grossmont and Cuyamaca College alumni was $836.5 million, or 11,264 jobs.
- For every $1 spent by students for their education at Grossmont and Cuyamaca colleges, they gained $3.50 in lifetime earnings.
- For every $1 spent by taxpayers, they gained $2.90 in added state revenue and social savings.
- For every $1 spent by society, $11.90 was gained in added taxes and public sector savings.