VISION: Transforming lives through learning.
MISSION: Provide outstanding diverse learning opportunities that prepare students to meet community needs, promotes a global responsibility, and fosters opportunities for all.
Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District fulfills its mission by providing
- Outstanding undergraduate education for students seeking certificates, associate degrees, and university transfer;
- Excellent career and technical education programs that prepare students for workforce entry and advancement;
- Engaging educational services that meet learners' needs in basic skills and English language proficiency
- Comprehensive student development and personal support services that contribute to student learning and achievement;
- Partnerships and programs that promote the social and economic development of the region; and
- Community education for personal, professional, and lifelong learning
VALUE STATEMENT: Cultivate a student-centered culture of excellence, trust, stewardship, and service.
VISION: Grossmont College - Changing lives through education.
MISSION: Grossmont College is committed to providing an exceptional learning environment that enables diverse individuals to pursue their hopes, dreams, and full potential, and to developing enlightened leaders and thoughtful citizens for local and global communities.
Our mission is fulfilled by providing the people of East San Diego County with:
- Transfer degrees and certificates programs
- Career technical education and workforce development
- Basic skills
- Student support services that promote student access and achievement
- Community education
- Learning and Student Success – We dedicate our resources and ourselves in support of our students and their pursuits to achieve their academic, professional, and personal goals.
- Creativity and Innovation – We value the capacity for ingenuity and originality on our campus and within our community.
- Pursuit of Excellence and Continuous Improvement – We strive for excellence in our programs and services. We believe in the capacity for continuous improvement in the pursuit of excellence. We accept the challenges of being accountable for our efforts.
- Integrity – We commit to acting and speaking truthfully and responsibly and hold ourselves and others accountable to this standard.
- Power of Diversity and Inclusion – We are committed to a climate for learning that considers diverse perspectives to be a powerful component in the education of every individual, valuing and accommodating both differences and commonalities.
- Civility – We value fair, respectful, thoughtful interactions, based on a positive approach, that promote reflection, foster deeper understanding of phenomena, and permit achievement of common goals.
- Balance – We value a nurturing and positive approach in all we do, embracing laughter and enthusiasm, as we nurture the development of the whole individual, including the intellectual, spiritual, emotional, and physical well-being of each individual.
VISION: Learning for the Future
MISSION: The mission of Cuyamaca College is to serve a diverse community of students who seek to benefit from the college’s wide range of educational programs and services.
In order to fulfill its commitment to student learning, the college provides:
- Instructional programs that meet student needs for transfer education, career technical education, general education and basic skills courses
- Community education programs and services
- Programs that promote economic, civic and cultural development
To facilitate this mission, Cuyamaca College provides a comprehensive range of support services including: outreach and access initiatives, academic and learning resources, student development programs, and multicultural and co-curricular activities.
In support of its mission, Cuyamaca College structures its planning processes and engages the college community by pursuing the following areas of focus, which form the foundation of the 2010-2016 Strategic Plan:
- Student Access
- Learning and Student Success
- Value and Support of Employees
- Economic and Community Development
- Fiscal and Physical Resources
- Equitable Access: We value equitable access that facilitates participation in academic programs and support services needed to meet students' educational goals.
- Individual Student Success: We offer courses and programs leading to degrees, certificates, transfer, employment, personal enhancement, and lifelong learning.
- Academic Excellence: We employ a variety of methodologies and technologies responsive to students' needs and conducive to students' varied educational and experiential backgrounds and learning styles.
- Innovation and Creativity: We value innovation and creativity in order to encourage our students to question and expand their thinking.
- Diversity and Social Harmony: We value and embrace diversity and create opportunities for our college community to meet the challenges of a complex global society.
- Environmental Stewardship and Sustainability: We take pride in our campus and its resources, and we strive to be on the forefront of sustainability and green technology.
- Strong Community Relations: We recognize our role in the cultural, educational, technological, and economic/workforce development of the communities we serve.
VISION: Leadership that enables and supports educational excellence
MISSION: To provide leadership, facilitation, and support of districtwide educational, fiscal, facilities, and human resource services that meet student, college, and community needs.