EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS INFO
EMERGENCY INFORMATION LINE 1-800-550-3922
Call 1-800-550-3922 for general information and instructions for faculty, staff and students regarding campus operations, business or classes when GCCCD's Emergency Operations and Preparedness teams have been activated.
Click here for a listing of your Districtwide Building Marshals
When calling 911
- Give your name.
- Give your extension number.
- Give building name and room number or other specific location.
- Describe the condition clearly and accurately.
- DON'T HANG UP! Let the person you are talking to end the conversation; other information may be needed.
In an emergency
If an emergency occurs on the Grossmont or Cuyamaca college campuses, numerous methods will be used to communicate information:
- Public address system
- GCCCD emergency notification system: You will receive an emergency message to your cell phone, landline phone, and e-mail. Sign up for the service here.
- Call the Emergency Information Line for accurate updates at 1-800-550-3922
- District and college websites
- District and college Facebook pages
- News media – information will be sent to the news media; check television, radio and news websites.
Be prepared: what you can do
- Take note of your building’s floor plan and exit routes.
- Participate in fire drills and safety training programs.
- Designate a meeting place outside of the building for your department.
- Locate the nearest fire extinguisher and fire alarm.
- Report all work-related injuries, illnesses, and hazardous material spills.
- Keep a flashlight and emergency radio nearby.
- Prepare yourself and your family at home so they know what to do if you are involved in an emergency, including where to go and how to cope until you’re able to get home.
These links provide information on what to do for specific types of emergencies.
Public Safety Contact Numbers
Call 911 in an emergency
- Life-threatening situation
- Medical emergency
- Crime in progress
- Major disturbance
- Crime report
- Request for police presence to deal with potentially-disruptive person
Sheriff's Non-Emergency Line
- Reporting a break in that occurred in the past
- Reporting vehicle damage
- Reporting suspicious situations that are non-threatening
- Any non-life threatening issue
Call Extension 7654 or (619) 644-7654 for Campus and Parking Services
- Automobile assistance
- Lost & Found
- Safety Escort
- Room Unlock/Lock
Public Safety and Campus and Parking Services information