All district employees who work with or around hazardous materials must familiarize themselves with the following:
- Fire alarm location and operation
- Emergency exits and evacuation plan
- Fire extinguisher location and operation
- Spill and containment response measures for specific hazards in their area.
- Available spill response equipment
- Specific immediate first aid measures for hazards in their area.
Immediate action in the event of a spill:
- If an immediate fire hazard exists or medical assistance is required, call 911. Evacuate the area and await assistance.
For spills not involving immediate danger to life or property:
- Confine the spill.
- Evacuate the immediate area and limit access.
- Notify your supervisor.
Public Safety Contact Numbers
Call 911 in an emergency
- Life-threatening situation
- Medical emergency
- Crime in progress
- Major disturbance
- Crime report
- Request for police presence to deal with potentially-disruptive person
Call Extension 7654 or (619) 644-7654 for Campus and Parking Services
- Automobile assistance
- Lost & Found
- Safety Escort
- Room Unlock/Lock
Public Safety and Campus and Parking Services information