To ensure your personal safety, whenever possible:
1. Park in well lighted areas near your destination.
2. Avoid parking near strangers loitering or sitting in vehicles.
3. Remember where you parked so you can return directly to your vehicle.
4. Don't leave valuables in plain sight.
5. Don't carry a lot of items in your hands when you are walking to and from your vehicle.
6. Have your vehicle key in your hand ready to use.
7. Lock your doors immediately after getting into your vehicle.
8. Avoid talking on phone and texting while walking to and from your vehicle.
9. Walk confidently and at a steady pace. Make eye contact with people as they pass.
10. Listen to your sixth sense. If you feel uneasy about a situation or a person, call for help, walk the other way, ask for an escort, walk in a group, report the suspicious situation to the Sheriff's office or local police, etc.
Public Safety Contact Numbers
Call 911 in an emergency
Call Extension 7654 or (619) 644-7654 for Campus and Parking Services