Classes start at Grossmont and Cuyamaca colleges
August 20, 2012
- 11:00 PM
Classes begin August 20 at Grossmont and Cuyamaca colleges. Both colleges are planning activities to welcome students back to campus.
At Cuyamaca College, activities include:
- Monday, Aug. 20 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Grand Lawn: A student organization involvement fair to learn about the diverse array of student organizations on campus.
- Tuesday, Aug. 21 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., Grand Lawn: Welcome breakfast sponsored by Cuyamaca's Associated Student Government members.
- Wednesday, Aug. 22 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., Grand Lawn: Student government BBQ and games
- Thursday, Aug. 23 11 a.m. to noon, Student Center, I-104: Stress management and wellness workshop
- Thursday, Aug. 23 2 p.m. to 3 p.m., Student Center, I-104: Academic integrity and the student code of conduct
- Friday, Aug. 24 Noon to 1:30 p.m., Student Center, I-124: Student government meeting with lunch. Enjoy a free lunch at the Associated Student Government office.
At Grossmont College, events include:
- Monday, Aug. 20 and Tuesday, Aug. 21 7:30 a.m.-7 p.m.: Information booths on the east side of Building 36, the east side of Building 27 and the Griffin Student Center.
- Tuesday, Aug. 21 8:30 a.m.-10:50 a.m. and 11 a.m. to 1:20 p.m., Building 53, Room 539: Everything you need to know about studying at Grossmont College. Information geared toward Arabic-speaking students. Sessions will be fully translated, and all are welcome. Sponsored by the Arabic language program.
- Tuesday, Aug. 21 3 p.m. to 4 p.m., Building 34, Room 250: Health Professions Informational Session
- Wednesday, Aug. 22 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Main Quad: All campus activities fair
- Wednesday, Aug. 22 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Main Quad: ASGC Inc. BBQ. Discounts for benefit sticker holders.
- Wednesday, Aug. 22 3 p.m. to 3:45 p.m., Building 36, Room 354: Fitness Specialist Certification Program orientation
- Thursday, Aug. 23 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Main Quad: Circle K BBQ and Bake Sale
- Thursday, Aug. 23 Noon to 2 p.m., Building 60, Griffin Gate: Ice cream social. Meet your student government representatives and faculty and find out how to get involved.
For more activities and further information, click here.