PURCHASING and CONTRACTS
If you are a vendor interested in being added to our bidders list, please review our Vendor Information page.
Please see our Bids and Proposals page to learn about bid opportunities at our District.
Should you wish to know which buyer makes purchases of certain kinds of commodities or services, please refer to our Staff Contacts information.
Standards of Public Purchasing Practice
- To regard public service as a sacred trust, giving primary consideration to the interests of the public agency that employs us.
- To purchase without prejudice, seeking to obtain the maximum value for each dollar expended.
- To avoid unfair practices, giving all qualified vendors equal opportunity.
- To honor our obligations and require that obligations to our public agency be honored.
- To accord vendor representatives courteous treatment, remembering that these representatives are important sources of information and assistance in solving our purchasing needs.
- To refuse to accept any form of commercial bribery, and prevent any appearance of so doing.
- To be receptive to counsel from our colleagues, and to cooperate with them to promote a spirit of teamwork and unity.
- To conduct ourselves with fairness and dignity, and to demand honesty and truth in the purchasing process.
- To strive for greater knowledge of purchasing methods and of the materials we purchase.
- To cooperate with all organizations and individuals involved in activities designed to enhance the development of the purchasing profession, remembering that our actions reflect on the entire purchasing profession.
Source: California Association of Public Purchasing Officers
CONTRACTOR OUTREACH PROGRAM - No events scheduled at this time.