The Higher Education Legal Services (HELS) program through Jewish Family Service (JFS) is a unique opportunity for students, staff and faculty at local colleges to access personalized immigration legal services from highly qualified legal practitioners. JFS immigration attorneys and U.S. Department of Justice Accreditated Representatives are available for services at local California community colleges and California State Universities in San Diego and Imperial counties. JFS-HELS provides culturally competent, trauma-informed, and reliable expertise to the campus community. Cuyamaca and Grossmont colleges are two of the many colleges that will be hosting these services.
Due to COVID-19, all legal services will be provided via telephone and video appointments. All consultations are completely confidential, in accordance with California Professional Rules of Conduct for attorneys.
JFS legal advisors can provide services in the following languages: English, Spanish and Farsi.
- Immigration eligibility consultations
- DACA renewal
- Family-based immigration
- Know Your Rights sessions
- Emergency Planning & Safety Preparedness
- Other immigration services (Such as green card renewals, travel documents, U-visas, and more)
Who is eligible:
· Any Cuyamaca College or Grossmont College student, staff or faculty member. Family members of students may receive services if their case is directly connected with the student. This will be determined on a case-by-case bases by JFS.
· If you do not meet this criteria, you can still schedule a consultation directly with Jewish Family Services by contacting their JFS general immigration line. Call (858) 637-3365, leave a voicemail with name, number, and reason for calling as missed calls are not returned.
How to access these services:
You can schedule an appointment directly through the JFS-HELS website www.jfssd.org/HELS.
Call: 858-637-3345 (Please leave a voicemail with name, phone number and reason for calling as missed calls are not returned.)