Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District is committed to providing a website that is accessible to individuals of all abilities. By employing universal design, we strive to develop our websites in compliance with California Government Code 7405 that specifies conformance with the standards set forth in Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
Accessibility Tips for Web Content Editors
- Use a heading level of "h1" for the "Title"
- Ensure there is content within a "p" (paragraph) tag. after using a heading tag (e.g. h1, h2, h3 etc.)
- Do not skip heading levels. Going from an h1>h4 is not reccomended as it causes poor usability for disabled users. For example, follow the pattern: h1>p, h2>p, h3>p etc.
- Ensure that the content does not include all-caps letters except for when using acronyms (spell out phrase first.)
- Use alt/title text where appropriate. Titles should be included on all links and alt-text should be used on all content images with the exception of decorative images which do not need alt-text.
- When creating links make sure to use descriptive text for the link such as what the link actually is. For example, use the document/link title in the text. Do not use simple text such as "click here" or "sign up here" as the displayed link text as this is not descriptive enough when using a screen reader.