GCCCD is committed to the health and well-being of our staff and students. This website
is intended to be a one-stop shop for information related to COVID-19 and the GCCCD
The District continues to monitor state and county directives, protocols, and procedures, and will adjust our plans accordingly. Please check back here regularly for the latest updates.
- All About Leaves - May 28, 2021
- Personal Well Being - June 4, 2021
- Directional Guidance - June 10, 2021
- COVID-19 Cleaning and Sanitation - June 17, 2021
- COVID-19 Prevention Plan - January 1, 2022
- Personal Well Being: Emphasis on Maintaining Peace of Mind - July 1, 2021
- Can I send my employee home if they seem sick?
- Can I ask my employee if they have COVID?
- What do I do if an employee reports they tested positive for COVID or were around someone that had COVID or another similar incident?
- What if I have an employee who is anxious or reluctant to return to work but (to my knowledge) has no medical or child care restrictions that would prevent them from returning, what do I do?
- My employee came to me because someone else is not wearing a face covering, what do I do? What if an employee refuses to wear a face covering? What if an employee’s face covering is offensive?
- What do I do if an employee has a medical condition which requires them to wear an alternative face covering? What are the alternative options?
- What if my employee doesn’t have a thermometer at home?
- When should I consider implementing staggered work schedules?
- What are considered group meetings?
- If break rooms aren’t available, where else can employees take their break?
- Who is reconfiguring workspaces? Do I need to be doing something to prepare? What if an employee is not comfortable with their new space?
- Do I have to monitor that each team member clean their workspace? Who should clean the shared workstations and office equipment and how regularly?
- Are water coolers going to be available?
High Risk Employees
- What information should I collect if an employee shares that they are part of a high-risk medical group or over the age of 65?
- I know one of my employees has diabetes but isn’t asking for a medical leave or accommodations, what should I do?
- One of my employees is concerned about another employee who is over 65 and coming to work everyday. They constantly express their concern to me, the senior employee and other coworkers, what do I do?
Child Care Challenges
- What information should I collect if an employee expresses child care challenges?
- One of my employees has teenage children and asked for leave to be able to take care of them, another employee doesn’t mind their kids being home alone and is coming to work everyday. That doesn’t seem fair, what should I do?
- An employees has asked that they receive an earlier shift so they can pick up their kids from their new child care set-up. In the past, they didn’t have this schedule restriction, what do I do?