Microsoft Forms Use Guidelines
Microsoft Forms is a forms utility software provided with our Microsoft Office 365 accounts. Although we are still in the testing stages of using Forms, we hope the below recommended guidelines and support links will assist in your needs.
- Create simple forms that are easily understood.
- Be succinct as much as possible in your line of questioning.
- Try to limit the amount of questions in surveys for better conversion (amount of completed surveys/forms).
- It is recommended to store sensitive data that you download in a secure location i.e. external hard drive that is password protected.
- Do not share Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
- Avoid complicating forms with excessive branching logic.
- Do not share sensitive or private form result data with anyone other than those intended to view it.
What Is Personally Identifiable Information (PII)?
According to the Department of Homeland Security, PII is defined as follows:
"Personally identifiable information or PII is any information that permits the identity of an individual to be directly or indirectly inferred, including any information that is linked or linkable to that individual, regardless of whether the individual is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, visitor to the U.S., or employee or contractor."
- Create a new form or quiz
- Send a form to get responses
- View results of your Form
- Use branching logic in your form
- Add sections to your survey or questionnaire
Have technical issues? Contact Microsoft Forms Support.