Explore all that Cuyamaca College has to offer on April 22
Public invited to take tours, learn about programs at campus-wide open house
April 12, 2023 at 4:51 PM
EL CAJON – Music and cultural performances, food, and information on how to get started on a college education. All of this and more will be available at Cuyamaca College’s Open House on Saturday, April 22. Whether you are looking to update your skills, train for a new career, transfer to a university, or enjoy self-enrichment courses, the event will offer a chance to learn about the many programs and opportunities the East County college offers.
Participants will get a chance to meet faculty and staff, tour campus, and learn about the college community. The whole family is welcome, parking is free, and breakfast and lunch are included. Employees who speak your native language will be wearing commUNITY shirts in Spanish and Arabic, as well as English.
When: Saturday, April 22, 2023 from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Where: Cuyamaca College, 900 Rancho San Diego Parkway, El Cajon, CA 92019.
Directions to the college: https://www.cuyamaca.edu/maps-and-directions/index.php
Events will include:
- Cuyamaca 101: Becoming a Coyote (offered in English, Spanish, and Arabic)
- Transfer 101: Plan ahead to get ahead
- Accomplish More: Earn college credits while completing your high school diploma or equivalency certificate
- How to pay for college
- Application Help Desk
- Understanding financial aid
- Career Center
- Child Development Center
- Academic programs
- Career education programs
- Campus tours
- Basketball Free Throw for a Prize – Gym
- Volleyball one-on-one – Gym
- Tour athletic facilities
- Bilingual Storytime for children (offered in Arabic and Spanish). Stories by Cat in the Hat. Includes a craft. (held in the library)
- Face painting by Cat in the Hat (held in the library)
- Balloon artists (held on the grand lawn)
- Coloring books and crafts (held on the grand lawn)
- Musiqa for East (traditional Arabic music)
- Dabka Folk Dance
- Your Taco Connect
- Chef Budda Blasian Soul-Food
- Kona Ice
- Zad Mediterranean Cuisine
- Urban Leaf Catering
RSVP is optional, but is available here.
More Recent NewsView All
Phi Theta Kappa winners named
Two Cuyamaca College students receive prestigious statewide awardsView More