Grossmont-Cuyamaca College Promise
The Grossmont-Cuyamaca College Promise offers FREE tuition and mandatory fees to full-time college students, who are CA residents (or AB540 eligible), and complete the requirements below by the semester deadline. Fall and Spring semesters only.
Additional $150 Grant - disbursed to new students awarded the Promise in Spring. A one-time grant, in the first semester of their first year! Only for the 2022-2023 academic year.
Up to 2 YEARS of FREE tuition and mandatory fees! Students who continue to meet persistence requirements, can receive up to 4 semesters through the Grossmont-Cuyamaca College Promise!
Just complete the four (4) requirements below, by the semester deadline. No income requirements.
Spring 2023: February 13th
California residents (or AB540 eligible) who attend full-time.
Complete the four (4) requirements below by the semester deadline.
Complete a Financial Aid Application for the current academic year. Students do NOT need to qualify for Financial Aid to be eligible for The Promise but must complete a Financial Aid Form by the semester deadline.
College codes: Grossmont College 001208 / Cuyamaca College 014435
SUBMIT EARLY! Please allow at least 3-4 weeks for the documents to be submitted, for Financial Aid Form to be processed.
Financial Aid Assistance:
- Financial Aid Help Desks: Grossmont | Cuyamaca
- Financial Aid Advisors (assigned by students Last Name): Grossmont | Cuyamaca
- Advisors for U.S. citizens or resident students who have undocumented parents/guardian(s): Grossmont: email@example.com | Cuyamaca: firstname.lastname@example.orgAdvisor for U.S citizens
- Students can check the status of the Financial Aid Application in WebAdvisor (How-To Video)
Review of the Financial Aid file is a two-step review process:
1. The Financial Aid application is submitted externally to the Department of Education. Please include the college codes: Grossmont College 001208 | Cuyamaca College 014435. The Department of Education will send emails of receipt and completion.
2. The Financial Aid application is routed to the college's Financial Aid Department if the college code for Grossmont College and/or Cuyamaca College is listed on the application. The Financial Aid Department will send emails of receipt and completion.
Students must be enrolled in at least 12 units* on the semester deadline to be awarded The Promise. *Students with disabilities may contact Disability Services at Grossmont College or Cuyamaca College regarding potentially receiving a unit accommodation for a reduced course load.
PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL!
The Grossmont-Cuyamaca College Promise Team sends frequent emails, regarding eligibility requirements, persistence requirements, payment, and notification of acceptance or denial.
The Promise will pay or reimburse tuition and mandatory fees of awarded students, approximately four (4) weeks after the semester begins. Fall and Spring semesters only.
Please review the details below and note that full-time students, who are CA residents (or AB540 eligible) have the option to NOT pay for tuition and mandatory at the time of registration. They will not be dropped for nonpayment and can attend courses.
Students will be notified via email of the award determination, about four (4) weeks after the semester begins. Tuition and mandatory fees for awarded students will be paid at this time.
Student Payment at Registration
CA residents (or AB540 eligible) attending full-time, do NOT have to pay at registration. Students will not be dropped for non-payment.
Promise Pays After Registration
Tuition and mandatory fees are paid by the Promise, or automatically reimbursed, to awarded students about four (4) weeks after the semester begins.
Don't miss out on the Promise!
We want to help! Please review the contact information below for both Grossmont College and Cuyamaca College. If attending both colleges, either college can answer your questions.
To better serve you, please include your student ID# in your communications and if you are a new or returning Promise student. Please allow 24-48 hours for a response.
Grossmont Promise Team
Cuyamaca Promise Team