Economic Impact Report
A 2021 economic impact report found that the Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District added more than $1.1 billion in additional income to the San Diego County economy, the equivalent of 14,239 jobs. The district creates a significant positive impact on the business community and generates a return on investment to its major stakeholder groups – students, taxpayers, and society. Results of the analysis reflect Fiscal Year 2018-19, the most current available when the study was conducted.
The study by Emsi found that:
- The economic impact of district spending for operations was $237.5 million, the equivalent of 3,689 jobs.
- The economic impact of student spending was $65.4 million, or 1,214 jobs.
- The economic impact of Grossmont and Cuyamaca College alumni was $810.2 million, or 9,128 jobs.
- The economic impact of construction spending was $18.2 million, or 208 jobs.
- For every $1 spent by students for their education at Grossmont and Cuyamaca colleges, they gained $6.90 in lifetime earnings.
- For every $1 spent by taxpayers, they gained $1.40 in added tax revenue and public sector savings.
- For every $1 spent by society, $10.20 was gained in added state revenue and social sector savings.