Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District’s vision, mission and values honor our commitment to the spirit and intent of the foundational framework of the California Community Colleges, as described in California Education Code section 66010.4.
The District and college Vision, Mission, and Value Statements form the basis for the six-year strategic planning process.
The mission is evaluated and revised on a regular basis.
DISTRICT VISION, MISSION, AND VALUE STATEMENTS
Transforming lives through high-quality educational programs and services that meet the needs of the diverse communities we serve.
The Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District provides high-quality, equitable learning opportunities to eastern San Diego County and beyond. We prepare students to meet changing community and workforce needs, while advancing social justice and economic mobility.
- Diversity – Value and invite multiple perspectives in discussions and decisionmaking; create space for historically excluded and marginalized voices to be amplified.
- Equity – Ensure students who have historically been marginalized and excluded have the opportunity
to succeed in higher education by calling attention to patterns of inequity in student
outcomes and actively working to eliminate equity gaps in student access and success.
Commit to ensuring employees who have
historically been marginalized and excluded have the opportunity to succeed in their profession.
- Student-Centeredness – Ensure the student experience is at the forefront of our decision-making in programs, services, processes, and policies, creating opportunities and clear pathways for students to reach their educational goals.
- Creativity and Innovation – Value the capacity for ingenuity and originality on our campuses and within our communities.
- Pursuit of Excellence and Continuous Improvement – Strive to continuously reflect, learn, and improve to ensure excellence in our programs, services, and operations.
- Integrity – Commit to acting and speaking truthfully and responsibly and holding ourselves and others accountable to this standard.
- Mutual Respect – Strive to build a community of inclusiveness, compassion, empathy, and learning marked by mutual respect and consideration of our differences.
GROSSMONT COLLEGE VISION, MISSION, AND VALUE STATEMENTS
Empowered through a culture of inclusivity, Grossmont College strives to maintain our student-centered philosophy while working to support the ever-changing needs of our students. Along with ensuring student success, Grossmont College continues to advance our antiracism and equity work as we venture further into the 21st century.
Grossmont College serves the diverse population of our surrounding community and beyond by creating clear and accessible pathways to degrees and jobs leading to social and economic mobility for our students. We work collaboratively to cultivate an equitable student-centered learning environment, and we hold ourselves accountable for improving student outcomes through ongoing assessment, evaluation, and datainformed decision-making. Grossmont College offers associate degrees; transfer preparation, including Associate Degrees for Transfer; certificate programs; career education and workforce development.
- Learning and Student Success – We dedicate our resources and ourselves in support of our students and their pursuits to achieve their academic, professional, and personal goals.
- Creativity and Innovation – We value the capacity for ingenuity and originality on our campus and within our community.
- Pursuit of Excellence and Continuous Improvement – We strive for excellence in our programs and services. We believe in the capacity
for continuous quality improvement in the pursuit of excellence. We accept the
challenges of being accountable for our efforts, and strictly adhere to the institution’s mission and vision.
- Integrity – We commit to acting and speaking truthfully and responsibly and hold ourselves and others accountable to this standard.
- Power of Diversity and Inclusion – We are committed to a climate for learning that considers diverse perspectives to be a powerful component in the education of every individual, valuing and accommodating both differences and commonalities.
- Civility – We value fair, respectful, thoughtful interactions, based on a positive approach, that promote reflection, foster deeper understanding of phenomena, and permit achievement of common goals.
- Balance – We value a nurturing and positive approach in all we do, embracing laughter and enthusiasm, as we nurture the development of the whole individual, including the intellectual, spiritual, emotional, and physical well-being of each individual.
CUYAMACA COLLEGE VISION, MISSION, AND VALUE STATEMENTS
Equity, Excellence, and Social Justice Through Education
Cuyamaca College advances equity and social justice through student-centered and innovative
approaches to education. We strive to create unique and meaningful learning experiences
that build upon the strengths and socio-cultural experiences of our diverse student
population and the communities we serve by providing programs that lead to certificates,
degrees, transfer, career opportunities, and ultimately social and economic
- Student Success
- Social Justice