Purchasing and Contracts
ANNOUNCEMENT: MEMO - EXECUTIVE ORDER N-6-22 RUSSIA SANCTIONS
To all contractors doing business with Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District, please see link below regarding Executive Order N-6-22 from Governor Newsom dated April 12, 2022.
MEMO - Executive Order N-6-22 Russia Sanctions
Please see our Bids and Proposals page to learn about bid opportunities at our District.
Standards of Public Purchasing Practice
- To regard public service as a sacred trust, giving primary consideration to the interests of the public agency that employs us.
- To purchase without prejudice, seeking to obtain the maximum value for each dollar expended.
- To avoid unfair practices, giving all qualified vendors equal opportunity.
- To honor our obligations and require that obligations to our public agency be honored.
- To accord vendor representatives courteous treatment, remembering that these representatives are important sources of information and assistance in solving our purchasing needs.
- To refuse to accept any form of commercial bribery, and prevent any appearance of so doing.
- To be receptive to counsel from our colleagues, and to cooperate with them to promote a spirit of teamwork and unity.
- To conduct ourselves with fairness and dignity, and to demand honesty and truth in the purchasing process.
- To strive for greater knowledge of purchasing methods and of the materials we purchase.
- To cooperate with all organizations and individuals involved in activities designed to enhance the development of the purchasing profession, remembering that our actions reflect on the entire purchasing profession.
Source: California Association of Public Purchasing Officers