FAQs for Wait List Process
When are wait lists available?
Wait lists for all classes begin the instant that classes close due to full enrollment. Once the class begins, wait lists are no longer available. You cannot add yourself to a wait list before your registration appointment date.
What are wait list priorities?
Students are added to the wait list for a class on a first-come, first-served basis.
How do students get from the wait list into a class?
As seats become available, students are automatically added to the class in which they are wait-listed. However, students will not be added to a class when:
- Adding that class will cause a time conflict with a class in which the student is already enrolled
- Adding that class will cause the student to go over the maximum number of units allowed for that semester (unless a petition has previously been approved and posted)
- Another section of the same course is already on the student schedule; i.e. a repeat.
- A hold has been placed on the student which prohibits registration.
When do I get billed?
You will be billed when you are successfully registered into your class. When you receive e-mail notification that you have been registered in your class, payment is due immediately. You will not be billed when you are placed on the wait list.
How will I be notified if I get my class?
You will receive an e-mail letting you know when you have been successfully added to a class from the wait list. It is important to make sure that your current e-mail address is on file. To check and/or update your email address, click on the Update Personal Information link under User Account on the Student Menu.
Are there any reasons why I can't be added to a wait list?
- You cannot be placed on a wait list for a class when you are already enrolled in another section of the same class.
- You cannot be placed on a wait list for more than one section of the same class.
- You cannot be placed on a wait list if the wait list is full.
What happens once classes begin?
On the first day of class, instructors will determine the number of open seats. Spaces may be offered to students who are on the wait list in the order that the names were added to the wait list. If a space is offered to a student, the instructor will give the student an add code.
On WebAdvisor, you will no longer see the sections for which you are waitlisted once the semester begins. Your instructor will have the priority wait list information that will be used if seats are open.