Information for Educators
Step By Step
Course alignment must be determined FIRST by following these directions:
- Review your course content and outline and compare with equivalent GCCCD course content and outline. High school and adult school instructors may need to contact the GCCCD Career & Technical Education Support Specialists by email at email@example.com if course outlines are not available.
- Determine whether your course aligns with the GCCCD Course(s).
- To assist with identifying course alignment, complete the “Request for Credit by Exam” to compare course outlines as well as competencies/objectives.
- Attend Articulation workshop day(s) to meet with GCCCD faculty and complete the articulation agreement template in collaboration with the college faculty for the course(s) being articulated.
- Once alignment is determined, and the articulation agreement is completed, including required signatures, the articulation agreement is sent to the GCCCD Career & Technical Education Support Specialists for record keeping.
When completing the “Request for Credit by Exam”, be sure to include the following information:
- Name of current school.
- Instructor’s Name and Email.
- Course Name & Number.
- At current school.
- At Grossmont College and/or Cuyamaca College.
- Competency & Skill Requirements.
- For course at current school.
- Demonstrating alignment with Grossmont College and/or Cuyamaca College requirements.
When finished, submit the completed “Request for Credit by Exam” form by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to include your current Course Outline and list of Competencies/Objectives when submitting your Articulation request.
Please note the following information:
- GCCCD Articulation is Course-to-Course Alignment with a Credit-by-Exam process.
- Courses are aligned if Competency & Skill requirements are the same.
- Credit exams should adequately measure students’ mastery of the course content.
- Agreements will be reviewed periodically.