How to Apply for Free College Credits


The CTE College Credit program is comprised of skill-based classes that qualify for articulated credit towards both high school and college graduation requirements. These courses give you a chance to explore career options and areas you are interested in while building an official college transcript.

The CTE College Credit program identifies high school and adult school courses comparable to specific college courses and creates articulation agreements between them.

How to earn CTE College Credit for high school courses:

1. Enroll in a high school CTE College Credit course. Information is available in your high school counseling office or email

2. Fill out an on-line application to Grossmont College or Cuyamaca College.

3. Earn a grade of A or B in the CTE College Credit course.

4. Complete an Articulated Credit form after the course is completed.

That’s it! Your enrollment into college is done and upon your completion of the course with a "B" or better you are eligible to earn free college credit. Once your Articulated Credit Form is processed, credit will be applied to your college transcript one semester after the high school course has been completed.

Questions about CTE College Credit?

Please contact:

  • Your high school counselor or college and career specialist.
  • Your CTE instructors teaching approved CTE College Credit courses.
  • The CTE Support Specialists at Grossmont and Cuyamaca Colleges:
  • The college Counseling and Financial Aid offices

To see a description of the college classes, see the college catalogs.

Click here  for the list of CTE classes for which you may already have college credit-
if you earn a "B" or better in the articulated high school or adult school classes,