We are excited that you have joined us in our vision to be the first choice among students, employers, and the community for excellence in higher education. Your journey begins here and will continue with an onboarding new employee orientation.
The District Human Resources department primary goal is to always provide an exceptional candidate and new hire experience. Below are general hiring processes for most employee type groups.
If you have questions, please contact Human Resources by calling 619-644-7572
District Human Resources
8800 Grossmont College Dr., Bldg 38J
El Cajon, CA 92020
It all starts with you. If you find a position that sparks your passion, we encourage you to apply.
Please visit our Careers page for a listing of job openings.
After we receive your application, we will determine if an interview is the next step. If you are selected for an interview, the hiring department or recruiter will contact you. Panel interviews are conducted for this process.
If you’ve reached the final stage, we will contact the professional references provided during the application process.
The hiring manager will select the final candidate and extend a job offer. If you have received and accepted an offer, you will receive Onboarding instructions to complete your New Hire paperwork online.
After you’ve accepted your job offer, you’ll need to go through a few more steps, including:
- Background check (if applicable)
- Post-Offer employment physical
- You are required to complete a livescan as part of the post offer employment.
- You are required to take a TB test. Please allow time for this in your schedule.
- Verify I-9 (eligibility to work in the United States)
- Verify all licensures/certifications/degrees required for the position
- Complete all new hire paperwork through the District's Workday Onboarding online
- Meet with a Recruiter to provide your I-9 verification.
Once we’ve received all your paperwork and clearances, your New Employee Orientation will be scheduled.
Each employee will attend the First Year Experience orientation. A Professional Development team member will contact you after your start date to schedule an orientation.